Monday, July 21, 2008

A Tribute


I hesitate to add this to the blog because it is not happy news. Our little chirpy friend died today. We noticed that she was not acting as healthy as the previous few days. When we put her in the grass, she kept falling over to the side, and she couldn't get back up. It was very sad to watch, so we put her back into her box and I gave her some homeopathic medicine. It seemed to work, she perked back up and was chirping again. We had some hope, but deep down, I think we knew something was really just not right. She couldn't perch anymore either. Later that day we had to say goodbye to her. We talked about all of the things that we loved about her, even though she was only with us for a week. I looked forward to hearing her chirps for food everytime I walked into the room where she was. We so looked forward to seeing her fly away to Live Free!

1 comment:

theseventhgeneration said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I understand how you all feel as we lost a newly hatched chicken and duck this year. Although they were with us for a very short time, we felt like they were part of the family.